Benefits of Manual Lymph Drainage
What is your lymph system?
Your lymph system is located between your skin & your muscle. It transports & filters your lymph fluid. Your lymph fluid is made up of protein, cells, long chain fatty acid, & 10% water. It is a major part of your immune system.
What is Manual Lymph Drainage?
Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is a light repetitive massage. I work on the areas where the majority of your lymph nodes are located. Then with directional strokes I start moving the lymph fluid through the ducts where they are filtered & released if needed. Though doing this massage I speed up the flow of the lymph movement up to 10 times faster than it’s normal rate.
The benefits of doing MLD
· Reduce swelling
· Reeducating your lymph system
· Detoxification/Immune System
· Reduce recovery time from operation with pre & post MLD
· Improve skin health & reduction of acne
· Faster healing of bruises & lesions
Reasons for wanting/needing MLD
· Pre/Post Surgery for a faster recovery
· Boost your immune system
· Attended the school The Manual Lymph Drainage Institute 48 hour course in ’09
· one of the Founder/Board member of the Marion County Lymph Health Group